Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Desert Places

They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars - on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.

Anybody want to trade places? I’m tired of coming back to an empty house. I hate it – I hate unlocking the front door, stepping into the chilly darkness. There have been times when I’ve slept with the radio on because I can’t stand the silence. Whoever says living alone is easy should try it :D
Me, I just want to go home.
After four years of being on my own, ‘home’ has taken on the connotations of a refuge, a safe haven… perhaps that’s why I get vaguely disappointed every time I go there lately : its wonderful enough, but the memory – or the rose tinted version of it! - is always better than reality..
but the paranthas mom makes should compensate! :D
and besides, it has to be better than this.

1 comment:

Atish said...

"perhaps that’s why I get vaguely disappointed ....... the rose tinted version of it! - is always better than reality"

can completely relate to this feeling.. altho the reasons might be different :)