Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Dipping my toe in the water

I want to write, write in sentences of burnished gold made luminous by their own intensity, like the winter sun that turns the tips of trees into molten sparks of fire... I want to write in a way that makes that slow sweet smile spread across your face, brings the meandering recognition that touches a vein of unexplored feeling in your heart... I want to write to make you chuckle, I want to see that glint of pure glee and realize that it was me who put it there!
It’s not easy to write, especially not like that. I don’t write unless an idea skitters across my mind and plants itself, headstrong, there; watered unknowingly and sometimes unwillingly … turns into an enormous gnarled tree that I suddenly discover has roots in every corner of my heart.
(Even when I do write, I write most often in long convoluted sentences you have to un-wrangle, that struggle within themselves to find meaning. Quite like me actually.)
I don’t often write, I am dragged kicking and screaming to my notepad, leaving scratch-marks every inch of the way, by that odd pensive feeling that attacks me sometimes and refuses to go away till I acknowledge it in writing..

This meandering serves a purpose... Much as it seems otherwise :D
Don’t expect a post often.
But when there is one… it will have roots in my heart... That much I can guarantee... if that’s sufficient to hold your interest... I’m grateful :) bouquets brickbats welcome... Who knows, I may grow to love the attention too! :D

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

please do .. at least give it a try...
and this one's Beautiful :)...

Anonymous said...

I like, I like, very much.
Am glad you dipped your toe in water, and I think you'll see that look of glee on our faces more often than not. Keep 'em coming, roots from the heart and all that, already adding you to favourites:)

TV said...

may grow to love attention?? huh?!!!! you love attention anyway. also the bloody blore trips have made me a cold mad idiot... burnished gold escape me now. see ya...

Anonymous said...

if this is what came out of dipping your toe in the water, i cant wait to see how good it gets when u dive in head-on... its beautiful... way to go !!

cathatfished said...

@ everyone - thanks u guys!! :) thanks for the encouragement, come by again soon! :)